When you are ready to build your new home, you need to find a builder in Brisbane who suits your needs and has a reputation for excellence in the industry. However, before you actually start to search for a Brisbane builder you need to have a clear idea of what it is you actually want.
Building and designing a brand new home from scratch is both a wonderful and a scary feeling, because you want everything to be just perfect. After all, the last thing you want is to realise that the floor plan just doesn’t work for you or the family bathroom is simply too small and awkward.
So before you engage a Brisbane builder, you need to have all of your ducks in a row, as this helps everything start off on the right foot. To do this, one of the most important actions that you can take is to write a list, and in fact you need to write two lists.
List 1 – everything you WANT in your home
This is where you can go to town on what you want in your new home. Obviously you need to keep one eye on your budget, but here are a few thoughts to help you along:
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- How big do you want your family room?
- Where do you want the TV located in the family room?
- Where do you want the kitchen located and do you want it open plan?
- Do you want a separate laundry with an external door to the garden?
- Do you want a single or a double garage?
- Do you want an ensuite, as well as a family bathroom?
- How about a luxurious stand-alone tub, spa or even a wet room?
- Do you want a walk-in wardrobe and a parents retreat?
- What about a walk-in pantry in the kitchen?
- Consider storage throughout the home, especially in the kitchen.
- You also need to think about the number and location of power points.
List 2 – everything you MUST have in your home
This will be your list of non-negotiables, so once you have your list of ‘wants’ from above, you need to prioritise this list starting from ‘must haves’ down to ‘I would like’. The top 5 on this list are the features that you cannot live without and these are your top 5 non-negotiables.
Once you have prioritised this second list, then you can start searching for a Brisbane builder who can give you a home that includes your top 5 non-negotiables and as many of the less important features as your budget allows.
If you are searching for a builder in Brisbane, feel free to call Michael Ross Builders on 041 67 222 90, email us at or complete our online enquiry form.